All of the components are in the mail. Meanwhile it’s time to think where to put everything on the board.
I did a first design based on the batteries dimensions provided. The goal is to keep everything compact and accessible when needed. I wanted a low profile and no unscrewing of bolts when accessing the internals, here is the result:
The whole casing will be 3D printed and then attached with #8 bolts on the tubes. I did trial printing during the design process and it came out promising:
Once this was verified, I proceed to the more useful structure:
This one is the cool feature – the red lids slide out providing full access to the internals:
And it looks super cool and slick on the frame itself:
This was mainly pictures post, I will get better next time. Now I’m waiting for the parts to arrive to make the final measurements and adjustments.
The major things which are left:
- Finding place for the ESC with cooling, this will be probably realized on the outside.
- Opening slits both in and out for the air to cool the batteries.
- Doing channels for wire routing.
- Make it comfortable to plug/unplug/on/off.
- Print and wire everything up.